Tags: comp, conditions, drugs, feel, frustrated, guilty, health, insurance, medications, neurological, workers

workers comp

On Health & Drugs & Medications » Neurological Conditions

4,752 words with 7 Comments; publish: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:37:00 GMT; (900203.13, « »)

i was just wondering if anyone else was having to deal with workers comp insurance. i get so frustrated with them because they make me feel guilty about getting treatment. they finally approved 6 weeks of blocks, but only after making me get an mri. my doc's didn't even think i should get an mri since we allready know that it is rsd. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif why are they willing to pay for expensive med tests but not the necessary ones? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif also is anyone in a lawsuit over there workers comp claim. thanks for any help.

All Comments

Leave a comment...

• 7 Comments
    • Hi Zim, sorry I can't help you with the WC issues. Some of the others can though. Take care. Hang in there.

Soxy

------

There is always hope...

#1; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:34:00 GMT
    • Hi Zim, Mine is also workman comp. It has been a long 3 years dealing with the jack a.neurological.todaysummary.com..neurological.todaysummary.com..neurological.todaysummary.com..neurological.todaysummary.com.!

I am in a legal battle with them right now. RSD is a very exspensive disorder to treat and they will try all they can to get out of paying for anything.

Just don't give up. They will try to wear you down mentally and physically.

Best of luck

Cattys

#2; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:35:00 GMT
    • I'm dealing with worker's comp as well...just over 3yrs now. The RSD is a result of a work injury. They treat the injury, they've been good about treating the RSD, but I get no compensation for the RSD, only the oringinal injury which has long since healed - they rated me at 9% disabled, even though I could no longer work and had to learn how to become left handed! Go figure! - Shelley
      #3; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:36:00 GMT
    • I am to dealing with wc. They have been good about it had trial scs. But they also put me thru a lot of unnecesary test and doc appointments. I wish all compainies who pay into wc could see how the money is waisted exspeasially in some cases. And if you know someone who has cheated bwc you can thank them for what you are going thru. good luck hang int there gnarly
      #4; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:37:00 GMT
    • It seems like a vicious game to wear you down. Ive been trying to help my sister out with this w/comp stuff but it seems at every turn the other lawyers hit her with something to make her break down. How long (years) are they allowed to drag this stuff out? Do states govern this with any limitations?
      #5; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:38:00 GMT
    • I have been on w/c since Jan 2003. I hurt my hand/wrist doing my job. I have been diagnoised with RSD. I guess I am new to the workman compensation nightmare..I am in my first stages with w/c. After 180 days they cut your check...as long as they send you a letter stating why. Now with no money I wait to be approved for medical treatment. After reading how they wear you down..I believe it and I am only at the beginning. I hope my lawyer knows what he is up against. Because I am a fighter..and I wont quit. I was just doing my job and I shouldnt be punished for it. So let the fight begin!!!!!
      #6; Sat, 15 Dec 2007 11:39:00 GMT
    • I have been on Workers Comp. since 1992. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/eek.gif My dealings with the claims rep have been, on the most part, positive. Granted, my claim is not subject to debate (car accident while on company travel with RSD developing about a year ago; watch out for red light runners), which Im sure helps. But also I have made sure that my dealings with the claims rep. have been on a positive note; have not asked them to pay for borderline things (bought scooters, special shoes, etc. with my own money). I have assisted the rep (instead of making demands) when they were processing requests for such things as surgeries and they were having trouble getting needed supportive doctor reports. I am not a cheap patient by any means; http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif have had some 36 surgeries, have been on and off paid temporary disability for about a total of 5 years in the past 12, have had countless rounds of physical therapy, and my medicine bill runs a little over $2,000 a month.

My point is that if you are upfront and reasonable with your claims rep, make them part of your healing team (by not being argumentative), and keep your requests reasonable, you may find that your case will be handled with less hassle. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif Granted, I am dealing directly with my claims rep (have not needed a lawyer as a middleman), and thus I have been able to directly build a positive relationship. But, if you have a lawyer you can encourage them to not be confrontational with your claims rep. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif And remember, there is no one out there that has a larger stake in your care than you do; be your own advocate when needed. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/hammer.gif

Cal. Dreamin http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif